Hope y’all had a merry Christmas...
t***@gmail.com
2018-12-28 04:46:31 UTC
Who all’s left in here. Hope you have a happy new year too
Brian Running
2018-12-29 18:49:43 UTC
Thanks, Tim. Same to you.
t***@gmail.com
2018-12-31 15:49:57 UTC
Dec 29Brian Running

And a very Happy New Year to you , Brian...
benj
2019-01-01 03:43:01 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
Who all’s left in here. Hope you have a happy new year too
Empty halls, broken windows, old newspapers blowing through. Over in the
corner a server still up and running. A few flashing lights. Outside
Zombies come out at night.

Most of us these days have moved to the safe lands of Talkbass.com

https://www.talkbass.com/forums/basses-bg.8/
t***@gmail.com
2019-01-02 06:55:17 UTC
12/31/18benj
Post by t***@gmail.com
Who all’s left in here. Hope you have a happy new year too
Empty halls, broken windows, old newspapers blowing through. Over in the
corner a server still up and running. A few flashing lights. Outside
Zombies come out at night.

Most of us these days have moved to the safe lands of Talkbass.com

https://www.talkbass.com/forums/basses-bg.8/

There’s also several spots on FB. I started “the bass pit,”

Which is made of a lot of the old dude put crew. I made it private to keep the riff raff out. By invite only. Friend me and it’s a shoe in.
t***@gmail.com
2019-01-02 06:58:12 UTC
benj
Post by t***@gmail.com
Who all’s left in here. Hope you have a happy new year too
Empty halls, broken windows, old newspapers blowing through. Over in the
corner a server still up and running. A few flashing lights. Outside
Zombies come out at night.

Most of us these days have moved to the safe lands of Talkbass.com

https://www.talkbass.com

It sure isn’t what it used to be. .

I like be your discription.

Perfect!
coreybenson
2019-01-02 19:47:28 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
Who all’s left in here. Hope you have a happy new year too
Happy Holidays to everyone. I pop in now and then, just to see what's up.

Bought myself my high-school dream bass about a month ago - And am regretting it just a little, but it's going to be fun! LOL

Steinberger Spirit 4-string. B-Stock from Musician's Friend for $255 shipped. Has some dings, and needs some TLC, but it was an impulse buy. It's silly.

And really fun to mess around with.

I need to hang out on TalkBass more.

Corey
t***@gmail.com
2019-01-03 08:09:47 UTC
Jan 2coreybenson
Post by t***@gmail.com
Who all’s left in here. Hope you have a happy new year too
Happy Holidays to everyone. I pop in now and then, just to see what's up.

Bought myself my high-school dream bass about a month ago - And am regretting it just a little, but it's going to be fun! LOL

Steinberger Spirit 4-string. B-Stock from Musician's Friend for $255 shipped. Has some dings, and needs some TLC, but it was an impulse buy. It's silly.

And really fun to mess around with.

I need to hang out on TalkBass more.

Corey

The Steiner is s bass I just couldn’t warm up to. Playing a headless is freaky like my hand is about to slide off the end. Lol.

Hope you like it... I probably could.
Brian Running
2019-01-04 03:43:25 UTC
Post by coreybenson
Post by t***@gmail.com
Who all’s left in here. Hope you have a happy new year too
Happy Holidays to everyone. I pop in now and then, just to see what's up.
Bought myself my high-school dream bass about a month ago - And am regretting it just a little, but it's going to be fun! LOL
Steinberger Spirit 4-string. B-Stock from Musician's Friend for $255 shipped. Has some dings, and needs some TLC, but it was an impulse buy. It's silly.
And really fun to mess around with.
I need to hang out on TalkBass more.
Corey
Well, maybe you need to hang out on Talkbass more - but after Benj's
post, I went there to check it out, and on my first few clicks into the
discussions, I found a *lot* of silly, pointless arguing about gear, and
why (insert favorite brand here) is the best. It just exudes that aroma
of "not a lot of real working bassists here."

Fongerboad!
t***@gmail.com
2019-01-04 18:13:13 UTC
Jan 3Brian Running
Well, maybe you need to hang out on Talkbass more - but after Benj's
post, I went there to check it out, and on my first few clicks into the
discussions, I found a *lot* of silly, pointless arguing about gear, and
why (insert favorite brand here) is the best. It just exudes that aroma
of "not a lot of real working bassists here."

Fongerboad!

One of the hot topics yesterday was about a guy buying a cheap ($375.00). Chinese Fodera knockoff. Some of the posters were unimpressed. Then someone raised the idea that about all electric basses are Fender Knockoffs. They weren’t impressed with that either.

Then there’s the eternal threads on Dr Bass not delivering pre-paid orders on his cabinets, but that matched the people waiting 14 years on their custom pre-paid Dan Huff basses.

More of the same. I think I’ll start another thread like “will refining my Tobias “Toby” affect it’s tone?🙄?”

That’ll be good for at least 40 responses and a couple side rails...
Mister Magic Morris
2019-01-05 23:46:21 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
Who all’s left in here. Hope you have a happy new year too
Hello Guys ..i am coming back here since big time far from Usenet, may i ask you wich date is the oldest
message you can retrieve here 'cause i am kind surprised i can get some 10 messages and the older is
15 OCT ... i mean i was aware that no much people use usenet nowadays but i was expecting a bit more
of activity so just to confirm that the server i am using is working is this 10 messages since 15 oct correct
to you?

Thank you and happy beginning of the year.
Cheers.
t***@gmail.com

You can go back into the 1980s. If you go to google groups and type in a date, you can go way way back there. They don’t throw away anything...
coreybenson
2019-01-09 17:15:21 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
You can go back into the 1980s. If you go to google groups and type in a date, you can go way way back there. They don’t throw away anything...
That being said, 10 posts since October is probs about right. :-D

Corey
t***@gmail.com
2019-01-10 15:37:01 UTC
Jan 9coreybenson
Post by t***@gmail.com
You can go back into the 1980s. If you go to google groups and type in a date, you can go way way back there. They don’t throw away anything...
That being said, 10 posts since October is probs about right. :-D

Corey

Lol!!!