Jimmy Gannon Question
e***@gmail.com
2018-03-16 09:58:49 UTC
I am trying to reconstruct events at Roth's Restaurant in Schenectady. For long periods a Jimmy Gannon played with Cecil <cant remember> as a duo where he doubled on Trombone. Is this the same Jimmy Gannon you refer to.
e***@gmail.com
2018-03-16 10:02:53 UTC
e***@gmail.com
2018-03-16 10:13:53 UTC
Big Swing Face - listing from CDuniverse

Track listing
LP side A:

"Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)" (Lennon and McCartney) – 2:57
"Big Swing Face" (Bill Potts) – 5:15
"Monitor Theme" (Bernie Baum, Bill Giant, Florence Kaye) – 2:24
"Wack Wack" (Isaac "Redd" Holt, Donald Storball, Hysear Don Walker, Jimmy Young) – 3:04
"Love for Sale" (Cole Porter) – 4:30
LP side B:

"Mexicali Nose" (Harry Betts) – 2:49
"Willowcrest" (Bob Florence) – 4:55
"The Beat Goes On" (Sonny Bono) – 4:40
"Bugle Call Rag" (Billy Meyers, Jack Pettis, Elmer Schoebel) – 4:42
Bonus tracks on 1996 CD reissue:

"Standing Up in a Hammock" (Potts) – 2:32
"Chicago" (Fred Fisher) – 2:47
"Lament for Lester" (Jay Corre) – 2:30
"Machine" (Bill Reddie) – 3:45
"Silver Threads Among the Blues" (Don Piestrup) – 4:40
"New Blues" (Piestrup) – 4:38
"Old Timey" (Bob Florence) – 3:25
"Loose" (Bill Holman) – 4:05
"Apples (aka Gino)" (Arthur M. Wiggins) – 2:35
Personnel
Quinn Davis - alto saxophone
Ernie Watts - alto saxophone and flute
Jay Corre, Robert Keller - tenor saxophone and flute
Marty Flax - baritone saxophone
Bobby Shew, Yoshito Murakami, Charles Findley, John Scottile - trumpet
Jim Trimble, John Boice - trombone
Bill Wimberly - bass trombone
Richie Resnicoff - guitar
Ray Starling - piano
James Gannon - double bass
t***@gmail.com
2018-03-17 00:16:28 UTC
***@gmail.com
I am trying to reconstruct events at Roth's Restaurant in Schenectady. For long periods a Jimmy Gannon played with Cecil <cant remember> as a duo where he doubled on Trombone. Is this the same Jimmy Gannon you refer to.

Hard time following you Lardner. You’re not quoting who you’re responding to...